Player created by Inbound Now – Social Media Tools.
Yes, you can easily reduce the price of a book in your Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing account.
1) Go to your Kindle Bookshelf.
2) Click on the book title you want to reduce.
3) Scroll to the bottom of the page (you don’t have to reload your book or graphics)
4) Click “Save and Continue” and you will be taken to the “Rights and Pricing” page.
5) Input your new price. Keep in mind, if you were priced from $2.99 to $9.99 at a 70% royalty and you want to reprice to $.99 to $2.98 you will have to choose the 35% royalty option.
6) Scroll to the bottom, tick “By clicking Save and Publish below, I confirm that I have all rights necessary…blah, blah, blah”
7) Click “Save and Publish” and you are all set.
I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how to reduce the price point of a book in Kindle for an eBook that you already have published… well it’s real easy to do.
All you have to do is login to your Kindle Direct Publishing account and automatically you’ll go to your bookshelf. Once you are in your account you don’t have to do anything through here… just page to the bottom and hit save and continue.
Next, you’ll be take to your Rights and Pricing page. Tick “Worldwide Rights”, all territories. That should be automatic. If you are priced between $2.99 and $9.99 you are entitled to a 70% royalty. If you are pricing your ebook down from $2.99 to $.99 which I am going to do here… you are only going to be eligible for a 35% royalty and that will be recalculated automatically.
Again, if you are priced between $.99 and $2.98 it will be a 35% royalty. From $2.99 to $9.99 a 70% royalty, and anything priced over $9.99 will be a 35% royalty. They really want to keep you in that $2.99 to $9.99 niche for a 70% royalty.
But.. like I said before… our objective is too drive traffic so we are going to offer this at $.99 like I have for all the other dog training books.
Page down to the bottom of the page and tick “By clicking Save and Publish I confirm that I have all the rights”….. blah, ba, blah, ba, blah…. and we are going to hit save and publish.
That is it! In twelve hours or less your pricing will be changed.
If you get an “Unexpected Error”, just go back down to save and publish and you should be good to go.